Gambel Communications Seeks Communications Strategist
Gambel Communications seeks a full time public relations communications strategist. The candidate MUST have a minimum of 3 years experience in public relations and social media. Strong verbal, written and organizational skills; expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) are required. Community involvement and public relations agency experience is preferred. Diverse skills, such as media buying, copywriting and website development are a plus. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
Job responsibilities include media relations, community relations, special event planning and management, social media strategy and analytics, issue management and strategic planning and execution for clients representing a variety of disciplines.
The ideal candidate should be a creative thinker and thought leader, and be able to juggle multiple projects and work within tight deadlines. The candidate should also be comfortable performing tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate day-to-day account service and strategic direction for each assigned client
- Plan and direct PR programs to create and maintain a favorable public image for the client
- Create and deliver press releases and other media relations content, case studies, white papers, bios, newsletter and email marketing content, speaking proposals, etc.
- Research media coverage and industry trends to develop fresh story ideas and angles
- Conduct extensive media outreach and follow up to maximize earned media coverage
- Create and plan special event appropriate to client’s goals and budget
- Design and launch email social media platforms
- Monitor and interpret social media analytics and report out on data to client
- Consult with client on website design and operation, as appropriate
- Report regularly to client on account activity
- Participate in professional development opportunities
Gambel Communications (www.gambelpr.com) is a full-service communications firm with offices in New Orleans and Mandeville. Candidate must be comfortable working from both offices.
Send resume and statement of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Job will be posted until filled.