Gambel Communications Begins Search for 2019 Spring Intern
Gambel Communications is searching for an intern for the spring semester.
The Communications Associate Intern provides assistance to the public relations staff in the day-to-day management of the client accounts, while gaining knowledge of the public relations field. Interns work directly with the account team managing client plans, but are also given individual projects from which they can learn and develop their skill set. This hands-on approach allows interns to build their resumes and portfolios.
As the activities of a PR professional vary daily, hourly and even by the minute, intern activities will include some office administrative duties, research, account assistance, design work, social media engagement and media relations.
Gambel Communications’ internship program is a three-month hands-on experience aimed at developing the core concepts and strategies needed to excel in any entry-level public relations position. Gambel Communications prides itself on offering a competitive intern opportunity with real client experience that will set aspiring professionals apart from their peers entering the public relations field. At the completion of the internship, the intern will receive a formal approved evaluation and exit interview. Recommendations and referrals will be granted as merited.
Internship Timeline: January 2019-May 2019
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist communications strategists with account services
- Manage select community projects and pro-bono accounts
- Assist with new business presentations through research, team briefings and preparation of proposal packets
- Contribute to Gambel Communications’ website
- Design creative materials using Adobe Suite, as necessary
- Provide internal administrative support including internal communications, office errands and vendor management
- Prepare for meetings including scheduling, printing materials, setting up board room, etc.
- Maintain contact and media lists
- Oversee office projects and parties including staff activities, annual Christmas party, client stewardship, retreat, etc.
- Draft and submit award nominations
- Attend networking events
- Attend weekly staff meetings